Labels

Monday 22 April 2013

DIY Baby CoT Bedding Set

Hello everyone,

Well, I've been way over my head lately... yeah this pregnancy hormones are taking the best out of me, I've been moody, angry, teary you name it... Thank God there's only 9 more days left... Lets Hope I don't get the baby blues though lolol...

 So today I bring you an almost finished project of mine, which is going to stay home but I or even you can always make and sell it yourself, the purpose of this one however is to stay here with me has a gift for my little unborn boy and to serve me has practise obviously :)

 So on the saving bit of this post we have an old cot ( which was sanded down, primed and painted sky blue and the clear waxed) + we have fabric + wadding & the normal stuff like thread etc. ( whatever we need to actually make it)

 Here's how it is so far:
 This will be the cot bumper protection that goes around in a 3 way allowing me to see what's going on with my little one without having to get up an peeping.... It still needs to be attached together and filled with wadding .

This is the already finished duvet cover (2 faced) I can also use the back, which is an all white fabric with a blue gingham heart similar to this one....
 On the saving side here I decides to make a cover instead of a quilt 'cause I already had a "duvet" bought when my first child was born but being her a girl I had to make it more boyish :)






 So on my still to do list is finishing the bumper bit  making some cot sheets, and making a matching change mat with 2 pouches 1 for the wipes and 1 for the nappies and cream, that I can just roll up and put it in the bag in order to take it with me wherever I go, and when I get home I'll just need to take it from my bag unroll and put it on the changing cot attachment that I currently have ideal don't you think no need to buy 2 different things .... SAVE UP SAVE UP my people, economy is no laughing matter at the moment is it?!

If you buy all of this in the shops it will cost you:

Quilt and Bumper set +- £25.00
Cot Sheets (fitted and flat set) +- £15.00
Changing mat usually around £10.00
PLUS the travel Changing mat £10.00 as well

This equal at least £60.00 and I'm being generous here cause it can be way more and you know it...

Now if you make it (this is how much you would spend  +-):

5 meters of fabric  (1m for the duvet cover; 1 m for the bumper; 2m for the sheets (or less) 1m for the changing mat) at £3.00 p/m = £15
1 meter of clear pvc  for the changing mat = £4.99
2 meters of 4oz wadding for the bumper = £5
1 m Iron on velcro for closing the cover ( you wont need all of it) = £2.50

This will come to a total off  £32.50 +- ... hummm what would you rather do?!! Not have any work whatsoever and buy something mass produced with no personal character, no charm or not even what you actually had in mind... or do exactly what you have in mind and even if you want personalise the whole thing which would just even had value to it?!!!

 Hummm, not much to think is there?!! sometimes is better to be proactive and get your hands in it... Lets not forget the feel good factor of you being able to say "Yeah I did it myself " "I've done that" - OH so good... and lets just admit it the ahhh's of admiration from others always boost our self- esteem up.

 This is why I love crafting :), the whole process of imagining the "drawing" how something will turn out the measuring, the cutting, the sewing the whole process is just magical and personal which for me is just priceless.


Hope you guys have a lovely day.

I'll show you the end result when my baby corner is all done :)



See you soon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment