Labels

Friday 5 April 2013

A first try at a Handmade Baby Sleep Positioner ( support)

Hello my wackys,

 GOD its been ages I know, but please don't give up on me, craftier times approach and Video tutorials as well ;) never done them before but everything has a first time right :) and challenge is my motto.
 
 If you follow me on facebook you know what this post is about, if not I'll tell you, 1 week ago I was asked to do a little personalised pillow that would fit on a moses basket, that bit is no challenge for me anymore what accompanied it however was .... A Baby Sleep Positioner yeahp.... :-/ can you imagine my face when my partner at 7 am arrived work from home and told me that a colleague of his asked him that just because he had the brilliant idea to say that I do it __ WHAT a x$£? are u thinking?! I asked__ I never did anything like that and you know it I told him... I don't even have the right material its not just fabric and filling you know.?!! ____ What can't you do it?! ____ I don't know, how should I if I never even tried it... but I'll give it a go ... OH MY GOD, I was in way over my head no idea where to start  where to order the foam measurements nothing........ ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ( frustration scream).

 Well here's the end result anyway:

 
I'm not completely happy with it , in the future I'll use semi- cylinders instead in order to give more stability and I'll also use a thin foam base, and way wider Velcro wider elastic, etc. ... lets just say I learnt a lot from this experience.... bloody hell I didn't even think to look on the internet to see the designs of if before I ordered the foam cylinders oh well .... Whats done is done, hopefully they'll like it....
 
Here's one from the high street I found on the internet afterwards:
 

 
Ahhhhh ( thinking).....  This is how they're supposed to look like.... Geee.... After reading some reviews I saw that people wanted it a bit bigger so little old me decided to have the foam longer and slightly wider lolol well, the result is above....
 
I still prefer mine has with the elastics on the back you can adapt from moses basket to cot, the foam pads are completely removable so you can wash it  or use them has a decor for the crib when the baby is older.
 
Well I don't know if they're gonna like it but practise makes perfect isn't it it was my first try and now I know what to do and what not to do and more importantly what's it suppose to look like looool :D
 
I steel prefer the design on mine has the shop ones look quite sterile :) nothing wrong with some pretty pink hearts is there :)?
 
Well know that I poured my heart out here, I feel much better... I will definitely be making more for sale just not completely with the same mistakes or should I call it quirkiness.
 
see you all soon my lovers, and don't not do or try something different just because you never did it or tried it before, we learn from our mistakes that's what crafting is all about.
 
See you soon everyone.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment