Labels

Sunday 4 September 2011

Chilli con carne

Yellooowwww :)

The other day I had minced beef but really had no idea on what to do with it... bolognese... hummm don't think so, cottage pie..... hummm.... no... I was fed up of doing always the same type of food so I searched the internet and found Chilli con carne; why not I thought, it seems easy and fast enough ( it was kind of late to start cooking) so I tried it and I must say I really don't regret it, everyone liked it including the girls, so this is definitely a keeper....

Ingredients:
500g minced beef
1 can of plum tomatoes
2 cans of red kidney beans
1 onion
1 teaspoon of dried chilli flakes
3 spoons of tomato puree
olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
In a big pan put the olive oil, the diced onion and let it brown, put the beef let it brown a little too pour the plum tomatoes (diced) the tomato puree the chilli flakes salt and the kidney beans , let it simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes, you can then put some salt and pepper to your taste.

Serve with white rice, and voila, it couldn't be simpler than this.

Goo on people roll up your sleeves and start cooking :)

see you soon 
xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxxo

No comments:

Post a Comment