Labels

Sunday 26 June 2011

Home baked white bread

The sun is shining the birds are singing, the grass is green, and yes oh yes, I'm stuck at home :( ironic isn't it, my baby girls have an awful cold and instead of being able to enjoy this not so often sunny weather in the UK, here I am writing a blog while my little ones sleep, and enjoying the little bit of silence I might get for a long time.... Anyway I just decided to share with you this great white bread recipe I usually do, the kids really love it and lets just admit it once and for all that there's nothing better than the smell of freshly baked bread while its in the oven, I'm not even going to tell you about the taste when you spread some butter on it while still warm..... oh so good!!!! I'm getting hungry just by talking, better yet, writing about it :)

Here's the recipe I make:
360ml tepid water
2 soup spoons of margarine
1 pinch of fine salt
520g of white bread flour
1 packet of fast action dried yeast (7g)

If you happen to have a bread machine that's great cause you just need to add the ingredients in the order above; if not it gives a bit more work but nothing not worth doing :)

Grab a bowl stir in the flour, make a hole in the middle in another recipient put the water margarine  salt  and yeast mix it well; slowly pour this mixture into the bowl with flower mixing with your hands until you get an elastic dough, shape up a ball and cover it and leave it to rise in a warm place for an hour, after that hour knock the dough back by flipping once or twice and let it rise for another hour; meanwhile heat up your oven, get a nonstick tray sprinkle with flour and shape the dough into a big ball or several small ones if you like; Put it in the oven for around 35 to 45 min for the big ball and around 15min for the small ones, please note that the timings defer depending on the tipe of oven  so just keep checking them ...

hope you like it, let me know how it goes :)


                                This two were made with a mix of white and brown bread flour, baked in the oven.

in this one white bread flour only was used, and it was done on my bread machine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment