Labels

Monday 5 December 2011

Home Made Nana's Oatmeal cookies

 Hello my wackys, and it is finally monday, christmas is really coming on faster and faster its lights everywhere windows decorated , shop windows decorated, christmas market stalls ohhhh I could go on and on about it.... have you put up your christmas tree yet?! I haven't but I have a pretty good excuse for that .... ready for it?! ... well I'm still waiting for my polymer clay order to make my Xmas tree ornaments with my girls, so has soon has it arrives together with the materials for my sweet wreath ( curious right?! - I know I'm so anxiousss too) I'll take some pics of mine cause an how to to make them are already on a previous post.... anyway  I'm afraid you'll have to wait for my pics for a wintsy bit ok?!!

 Well here's the 1st of many to come inexpensive Christmas gifts ideas:

Oatmeal cookies, yeah you heard it and don't you dare twisting that sweet little button nose of yours ok I know they're old fashioned but it has a lovely light flavor; this recipe makes +- 18 large cookies so if you divide them by 3 (gift baskets, I'll explain a bit more about it later) it will give 6 amazing flavorful biscuits in each ;)

 1 1/2 cups of oats
 1 cup self raising flour
 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
 1/4 teaspoon of salt
 12 tablespoons of softened butter
 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
 1 large egg
 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
 1 table spoon of water
 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
 1 cup raisins

How to:

 Preheat your oven at 180o C (350oF) with 2 racks evenly spaced. Now grab a bowl or use your stand mixer combine the oats flour, baking powder and salt, stir together; grab another bowl this time a bigger one using your electric mixer cream the butter until fluffy +- 1 minute slowly and while mixing throw in the sugar, when its all combined add the egg, the water and beat until thick and light 1 to 2 minutes +-, stir in the dry ingredients , the walnuts and raisins  in order to make a thick dough.

 Use 3 table spoons for each cookie patten to flatten it slightly, leave it in the oven for 15 minutes +- ( you need to have a peep every now and then, when they're golden on the sides they're done) let them cool for 3 minutes before placing them in absorbent paper  and transfer them to a cooling rack after 5 minutes.


 To gift wrap them they must and I can't stress this enough be completely cool.Place a piece of plain or patterned cellophane "paper" on top of your worktop, pile one on top of the other with a piece of baking/grease proof paper in between in the midle of the cellophane, twist it on the top put some tape to secure it and add some ribbon for decoration.

 And that's about it really. Hope you enjoy this  little wonders.

 Thank you for watching. and see you soon with another great recipe/ gift .

xoxoxoxoxoox

No comments:

Post a Comment